Jacqui Douglas

"From little things Big things grow"

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Op shopping fun

I had a great day yesturday as my friend Bardie and I went op shopping for some bits and pieces for a Mosaic that she is working on ...We found some lovely glass things and old pottery and some too nice to cut up!!
I taught Bardie how to cut up her glass bowls and bits and then to use coloured grout to attach them to her work. Her imagination is now buzzing on overload.
These two photos show just a small collection of my op shop finds that I use in my Mosaics..I love old metal bits and bobs and always find great things at charity stores..I love to buy from them as my money goes towards helping others in need.
Bardie bought some fresh local Prawns and we had a wonderful meal of olives and crunchy bread with a fantastic mayo she had made to go with the prawns...delicious! oh.. and a wonderful glass of NZ Sauvignon Blanc to top off a great day!
I am off to work on the studio shelves today.
Have a great creative day everyone.

By the way my friend Bardie is 80yrs "young" and is so full of energy and creativity she puts me to shame most days!! I Love you Bardie - you give me so much more than you would ever know.

1 comment:

Artgalcrafts said...

Hi Jacqui great work her. you are a natural for blogging and have so much to contribute to this form of communication. congrst for a great start.
Love
XXXXX